Upgrading your CAD hardware and tools can be a significant investment, but a necessary one for professionals hoping to up their game. Investing in newer, high-performance tools and software comes with a price tag, but it also comes with plenty of benefits, including:
- Enhanced comfort
- Improved accuracy and precision
- Improved credibility in the eyes of clients and stakeholders
- Higher-quality designs and final products
Keep reading to learn how you can upgrade your CAD hardware for a better design experience.
Choose Hardware Specifically Built for CAD Professionals
When you upgrade your computer hardware and tools, it’s important to find the tools that are specifically made for CAD professionals. As you may know by now, ordinary computer or gaming mice aren’t built for the CAD experience. The middle wheel buttons on ordinary mice require five to six times the force, which may be the root of your pain when working in CAD.
Hardware built for CAD professionals—like 3D mice—can help you reduce the number of clicks needed to design, which then leads to a more comfortable, successful design experience in CAD.
X Factors to Consider When Upgrading Your CAD Hardware
- Your workplace setup: Are you typically in a traditional office or do you tend to work remote and travel?
- How often you work in CAD: Some professionals work in CAD nearly every minute of the workday, while others may only use it a handful of times per week.
- Your budget: Your budget could ultimately determine what kind of upgrade you choose. Depending on your needs and what kind of features you’re looking for, as hardware tools like 3D mice can range in price.
Once you’ve narrowed in on your work style and preferences, select the 3D mouse that best fits your individual work style.
Related Read: How to Adjust to a Two-Handed Workflow in CAD
How the SpaceMouse Wireless Kit Is Built for the Ultimate CAD Experience
If you’re looking to truly upgrade your entire workstation and CAD capabilities, the SpaceMouse Wireless Kit is a wise investment. The kit includes the tools and hardware you need to bring your CAD experience full circle.
Included in the kit are the SpaceMouse Wireless and CadMouse Wireless, which work together to give you an unmatched two-handed workflow for easy selection and creation. Also included is the CadMouse Pad Compact for smooth, uninterrupted movement, as well as a Universal Receiver that allows connection for up to five wireless 3Dconnexion products. Each tool in the kit is customizable with the included 3DxWare 10 software driver. Users can customize each tool with their most-used commands and functions.
One of the best parts about the kit—aside from its CAD-specific features—is its mobility. With wireless tools that can hold a charge between 1-2 months, users can truly upgrade their CAD capabilities anytime, anywhere.