Great product design is a careful balance of paying homage to what came before and using your imagination to create something new. So who better to judge it than an organization with an illustrious 60-year design history and a close eye on the cutting-edge designs of tomorrow?
That exactly describes iF, the outfit behind the world-renowned iF Design Awards. Since 1953, iF’s mission has been to publicize the world of design. It currently does that through the prestigious iF Design Awards, a series of competitions that recognize the best in design around the globe. Award categories include product design, communication design and packaging design awards.
With thousands of products competing for the honor, 3Dconnexion® was thrilled to learn that the SpaceMouse® Wireless, the world’s first wireless 3D mouse, won a 2014 iF design award in the product design category.
Wireless Freedom, Exceptional Design
The award recognizes products for their superior design quality and usability. This year, a jury of 49 experts evaluated 3,249 entries to choose a handful of winners—including SpaceMouse Wireless.
Winners of the 2014 awards were announced with a ceremony at the BMW Welt in Munich, Germany on 28 February. All award winners are on display at the iF design exhibition in Hamburg, Germany from March 2014 on.
“We are very proud to receive this award, as it acknowledges the effort we invest in the design of our products,” says Antonio Pascucci, vice president, products at 3Dconnexion. “We continuously strive to optimize the way people interact with digital 3D content, and with SpaceMouse Wireless combining 3Dconnexion’s patented 6-degrees-of-freedom sensor with 2.4GHz wireless technology for the first time, we’ve fulfilled the wishes of many existing and future 3Dconnexion customers.”
The SpaceMouse Wireless is designed to offer 3D professionals the superior 3D navigation experience they have come to expect from 3Dconnexion 3D mice, coupled with complete wireless freedom.
SpaceMouse Wireless: Award-Winning Features and Specifications
The iF product design award recognizes the SpaceMouse Wireless’ exceptional features and specifications, which make it the world’s first—and best—way to wirelessly navigate 3D content in 6DoF.
Those features and specifications include:
- 6-degrees-of-freedom (6DoF) navigation in more than 200 3D applications.
- 2.4 GHz wireless technology that ensures a real-time connection to digital 3D content.
- A rechargeable battery delivering one month of use between charges.
- A stylish brushed steel design with a small footprint and two, ergonomically-placed buttons.
- 3Dconnexion six-degrees-of-freedom (6Dof) sensor
- 3Dconnexion 2.4GHz wireless technology
- Lithium-ion polymer battery (internal, rechargeable)
- Micro-USB connectivity (cable supplied).
- Simultaneous data and recharging.
- Dimensions (LxWxH): 78x78x54mm / 3.1x3.1x2.1”
- Weight: 424g / 0.93lb
- 2-year warranty
More Information on the SpaceMouse Wireless
3Dconnexion is pleased to receive an iF product design award. But if you’re interested in how the SpaceMouse Wireless performs on the job, you might also want to take a look at the reviews below:
- Design & Motion: My Time with 3Dconnexion’s SpaceMouse Wireless — Scott Moyse profiles the SpaceMouse Wireless’ hardware and software capabilities.
- 3DTotal: SpaceMouse Wireless Review — Writers at one of the premier online destinations for CG artists take the SpaceMouse Wireless for a spin.
- Renderosity: The New SpaceMouse Wireless from 3Dconnexion — Ricky Grove at Renderosity gives the low-down on how the device performs in 3D software.
- Inventor Tales: My Experience with My SpaceMouse Wireless — Senior applications engineer Jonathan Landeros reviews everything from the device’s unboxing to what it feels like to cut the cord.
Beat Pain and Strain in CAD With This Guide
Aches and pains at the desktop are not normal and can lead to long-term repetitive strain injuries (RSIs). It also disrupts your productivity, creativity and even your career! The CAD Comfort Manual is a complete guide to address and prevent pain and strain from prolonged CAD work. Download it today to start working more comfortably in CAD.